Overflow of Players

For club related topics.
mik33dwards
Level 1

Overflow of Players

Postby mik33dwards » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi all,

This week, I think we were all pleasantly surprised when every game that we are running this block had a minimum of six players. However, at the end of our group's Star Wars Edge of the Empire session we realised that there will be 9 people in our game as well as 7 in two of the other games. This led to us considering running a fifth game, more precisely me running a Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition mini module for the next five weeks. We are looking to reduce the size of each game that is currently running to a maximum of 6 players, but we know that some Gm's can run with more and some players will not want to move groups. This game will be pre-gen characters at 6th level using the xanathar's guide etc for them, but if any players that are interested message me before sunday with a character idea/sheet, then they can use that.

Thanks for reading, don't deliberately want to cause disruption in people's games, this is only to de-stress Gm's.

Pockymasterjay
Level 2

Re: Overflow of Players

Postby Pockymasterjay » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Just curious where the fifth game will be played? With four groups taking up so much space already (one room split in two, one separate room and the space in the hall already full? Will they be relegated to the kitchen?

mik33dwards
Level 1

Postby mik33dwards » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:03 am

Either the carpeted room or a third game in the large room. in my opinion the carpeted room would be better as it reduces echo, and there will only be two groups in there.

Backstabapaladin
Level 3
Location: Sitting in front of a computer reading this website. Was that a trick question?

Postby Backstabapaladin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:46 pm

No problem with that in principle but as the GM currently running in that room, can we please have a house rule regarding un-necessary noise? I'm all for having fun as it's why we are there, but I have noticed that some players tend to get embarrassingly over excited and garrulous in the extreme during their games.
Don't worry boys, they're too far away. They can't hit us at this rang.....!!!

Last words of Gen. John Sedgewick US Army. Said sometime during the US civil war.
Unfortunate, very sad, but I laughed until a little bit of pee escaped!

mik33dwards
Level 1

Postby mik33dwards » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Backstabapaladin wrote:No problem with that in principle but as the GM currently running in that room, can we please have a house rule regarding un-necessary noise? I'm all for having fun as it's why we are there, but I have noticed that some players tend to get embarrassingly over excited and garrulous in the extreme during their games.

Yes, i completely agree, i wouldn't wish to disturb other games if it was unnecessary. I will speak to whoever is in charge of the money tin etc to sort out what would be best in terms of game positioning, and if we have to be relegated to the kitchen as previously mentioned, then we will happily be relegated to the kitchen.

Return to “Club Related”