Phandelver 24 Sep - Lewis ill

For people seeking fame, fortune and adventure apply within ....
A forum for all things Dungeons and Dragons 5E.
Advertise your game, character creation rules, discuss ongoing adventures.
Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

Phandelver 24 Sep - Lewis ill

Postby Lewis » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:18 am

Guys, apologies - I've got a terrible sore throat and can barely speak in a whisper. Sadly, I'll have to miss the final episode of Lost Mines 5e tonight. :cry:

Playing: Telford: Dark Heresy.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Chill (modern day horror) Tales From The Loop (1980s sci-fi/horror)

Pockymasterjay
Level 2

Re: Phandelver 24 Sep - Lewis ill

Postby Pockymasterjay » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:23 am

More loot for the rest of us. Lol.

But seriously, get well soon. We'll make sure you don't die.

ColinBuckler
Level 20

Postby ColinBuckler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi Lewis,

Thats a real shame.... there are a few bits that you might find "interesting" tonight.... bet hey... if your ill.

We can update you next week, of course that is if you survive.... in fact if any of you survive.

Anyways I hope you get well soon .
Colin Buckler
Committee Member

Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be.
Rush - Losing It

Backstabapaladin
Level 3
Location: Sitting in front of a computer reading this website. Was that a trick question?

Postby Backstabapaladin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi Lewis

You missed the fun of meeting glass-staff, the black spider, the mysterious elf/barmaid (you know the one you created a hologram for) an undead beholder, 4 spiders and a few other lower level creatures all in the same area.

It started with a fireball cast by the black spider bitch (drow female - we now know that at least).

It ended with the destruction of all enemies except the drow bitch who escaped, and the death of Jeff the Archer *smirk*. That's at least 3 of Jamie's characters in one game! It was touch and go at times and as usual it was Scru who saved the day....oh alright he had a little help, but I used up a fireball, a lightning bolt and a very very heavy magic missile to do it (from my new wand).

The mysterious elf/barmaid was a shape shifter and shiv'ed the cleric from surprise during the fight. I told everyone to be suspicious when we found her in the hobgoblin castle. Didn't I? Didn't I? Eh? Eh?

Glass-staff was sent to sleep during the fight and was at our mercy. I wanted to save him for you to savour your revenge but Mitch (playing Andraste) just HAD to apply a coup-de-grace instead. Sorry, take it up with Mitch...

You now have a shiny shortsword +1, Mick has a cloak of protection +1 and I have a new staff made of glass (staff of defence). It had a side affect that caused the person picking it up to suffer a one step alignment change. I was CN so it meant either CG (having a G in any connotation would never work so no chance), True N (but that meant being within 2 alignment steps of a paladin so a big bad no to that one too) or CE. Guess what I chose?
Don't worry boys, they're too far away. They can't hit us at this rang.....!!!

Last words of Gen. John Sedgewick US Army. Said sometime during the US civil war.
Unfortunate, very sad, but I laughed until a little bit of pee escaped!

ColinBuckler
Level 20

Postby ColinBuckler » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi All,

I hope everybody enjoyed Lost Mines of Phandelver.

There has been a few twists and turns to the story line as well as challanging encounters along with a reasonably high mortality death rate (4 deaths) as is the nature of 5E.

If the demand is there, I would be happy to run the scenerio for another group.

Also, next year I will look to roll on to the next part of the story with existing/new characters if players are interested...
Colin Buckler
Committee Member

Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be.
Rush - Losing It

Return to “Dungeons and Dragons 5E”