CHILL Playtest 2014

Sometimes the legends are true.
Lewis' campaign using Chill/The Beast Within rules. Cornwall in the Year of Our Lord 1699 - a land unto itself, a county of wild coasts, desolate moors, haunted tin-mines, drowned kingdoms, secret valleys, wreckers, ghosts, highwaymen, pirates, piskies and just maybe... the last of the giants!
Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

CHILL Playtest 2014

Postby Lewis » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:25 pm

I have submitted our feedback on what we found worked (e.g. the core rule mechanic and the fast pacing of the scenario) and what didn't (e.g. the Struggle/History mechanic and the lack of clarity around recovery, healing, skill use, etc). I've had indications from Matt McFarland, the main designer, that Growling Door Games are taking feedback seriously. This is a good, positive sign, compared to Other World Creations.

OWC were responsible for the previous attempt to produce a third edition of Chill, about a decade ago. On the plus side, they got the "Chill fan community" involved in playtesting. Unfortunately, it appeared that OWC took no notice of our feedback. As a result, the whole thing crashed and burned. This time round, GDG seem to be actually listening, as well as having a set of rules that are both simpler than OWC's AND more in keeping with original Chill.

Thank you to everyone that took part in the playtest.

If people are keen for more Chill, for a blast of 'period horror', I might resurrect my "Legends of Kernow" campaign, which uses Mayfair's 2nd edition rules.

Playing: Telford: Dark Heresy.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Chill (modern day horror) Tales From The Loop (1980s sci-fi/horror)

Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

Re: CHILL Playtest 2014

Postby Lewis » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 am

I will also be carrying out further play testing with my other gaming group during January. This will give me access to the character generation rules, etc.

Playing: Telford: Dark Heresy.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Chill (modern day horror) Tales From The Loop (1980s sci-fi/horror)

Return to “Legends of Kernow”